Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Refined Focus

In a bit of refinement, I've taken the acoustical mapping idea to a smaller site. This time dealing with the library (building right) and the influence of points of sound intensity such as bus stops, accelerating cars, small gatherings of people, hardscape vs. softscape, etc. I am working out how to represent these ideas both through axonometric and model form. The concept of sound is tough to represent, for it is something we do not see, rather hear. As of now I am going to take the approach of using circles (in 2d) and spheres (in 3d) to represent the dynamic movement that happens in this "corridor" condition. I need to be careful to not overpower the drawing because I think that the simpler I can keep the drawing the more powerful it will strike the viewer.

Currently I am thinking of somehow creating a fabric in 2d of circles of sound and their progression through the site to the library (which will be void). The building masses will protrude up from that in axon, then sound in the form of half circles or parenthesis looking references to reflecting, deflecting, and diffusing sounds. Thoughts...

1 comment:

  1. if you scanned that foa drawing, you should post it somewhere... so that the reference becomes recorded

    ReplyDelete